Friday, June 19, 2009

Winter lovely




It is winter in my part of the world, and I can tell you that I am not a fan.

Why do I resent the cold and damp of winter so much? Maybe because I live in a country which is relatively hot and dry and I have identified with its outdoor beachy and barbequey culture, so I don't like being reminded that it is not always like that.

It is also really, really cold inside our house. Indeed, most older houses in Sydney are simply not built or fitted out to cope with extreme temperatures.

I just have to remind myself that it could be worse, there are only a few weeks to go and I should just put on a coat and get over it. And, as Catholics say, offer it up!

Plus, there are some recompenses for putting up with the fog and cold. Our camelia shrub is showing off its first few bright pink rosettes and it is absolutely bursting with fat, green, eager buds.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin