Friday, July 10, 2009

Too easy lemon and walnut linguine




I've been trying to add a few new mid-week dinner options to my repertoire.

My conditions are that they have to be very quick and easy to prepare from scratch, require few ingredients, and be tasty, healthy and filling.

This pasta fits the bill. I found the recipe on the pasta packet of all places. Apologies to Stephanie, Bill, Jamie, Donna and Margaret, whose tomes are growing dusty on our bookshelf.

I've thrown the packet away, but it's pretty simple to remember:

Ingredients

Juice of two lemons, and some zest
1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
A couple of handfuls of fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons of walnuts, or a little more, roughly chopped

Method

Heat the oil in a pan, add 2 tablespoons of walnuts, and the garlic and half the parsely and cook
for a minute or two. Then take it off the heat.

Add the lemon juice, zest and the rest of the walnuts, and stir them in.

Pour over 500g of cooked pasta, add the rest of the parsley and the parmesan, salt and pepper, and serve with a salad and crusty bread (I toasted some onion and olive bread from the supermarket).

It fed two adults and three children and there was enough left over for lunches the next day.

What's your favourite 'too easy to cook from scratch' dinner?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. oh yum. That looks great.

    My favourite cook from scratch meal is a stew I cook in the oven.

    Here is what I use:

    500 grams Kangaroo fillets.
    500 grams mixed fresh vegetables.
    2 tins tomato soup.
    1 pack of French onion soup.

    dice the kangaroo fillets and cut up the vegetables.
    place all ingredients in a casserole dish and bake in the oven at 180 for about 90 minutes.

    The meat is very tender when baked in the sauce and the French onion soup give a great flavour.

    This meal is enough for our whole family of 9 as long as I serve it with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Therese, I'm sure that would be tasty. I've never thought of cooking with kangaroo meat, I don't see it around here much. Cooking for a crowd doesn't have to be hard, does it?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin