Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pondering this weekend

I've been thinking this week about work. How many hours should I be working each week? What do I want to achieve with those hours? How do I wish to spend my non-working hours?

I'm fortunate to be able to choose my hours, working in my own business. But I need to reassess how things are going from time to time.

I found this to think about, from Enough - Breaking free from the world of more by John Naish:

Working part-time is better for your own ecology, as it liberates space  to tend your mind, life and body. It also spreads the available work around to other members of your community, rather than making you hoard it as a time-starved, exhausted salary earner. It's often more efficient for employers too, as they are buying only the hours in which you are genuinely interested in working, rather than also funding your tired-time, bored-time, and waiting-to-go-home-time.
What do you think? What kind of hours do you put into paid work, and are you happy with the amount of hours you work? Let me know in the comments.

If you are new here, please click here to subscribe by RSS or get my new posts by email! Thank you!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin