Last month I posted my freelance writing goals for March and I'm doing it again for April.
If you're also doing the solo-working-from-home thing you might like to put your own goals in the comments and we can support each other. Or post them up and let me know so I can have a look!
Posting my goals gave me a sense of accountability (even if only my husband read them) which is pretty vital in starting and growing a freelance business.
So this was March:
- Meet three article deadlines (on top of my weekly newspaper column). Done.
- Attend a networking event for freelancers, and follow up with any interesting potential contacts. Done. (In fact, I went to two events if you count the Sydney bloggers' meet)
- Write a book proposal. That goal was a bit unrealistic. I've taken the first steps in researching what is already out there in my intended niche and thinking about where to find my readers - online and offline. This is info I need to have clear in my head and put in my proposal.
I'm pleased with how March went. Now to April, which is a bit trickier since I have Easter, two weeks of school holidays and one weekend away to factor in. But I am confident of getting these done at least (again, this is on top of my weekly column):
- One article deadline before Easter
- List article ideas for newspaper series. Write the first two
- Join two online networking forums for freelancers
- Complete book proposal
- Make up flyers for proofreading and editing and a list for distribution