Friday, March 5, 2010

Silky Eggplant Parmigiana

Last week I had four eggplants in the fridge from my mum's garden and decided to make a parmigiana.

It's probably one of the most run-of-the-mill Italian dishes there are. But not to me. Making it was as exotic and exciting for me as seeing Brad Pitt in the flesh would be. (If I were a fan, which I'm not, in case my husband's wondering ; )


In the end it was too 'saucy' to stand as a meal on its own, so I boiled some pasta and threw it over. I might have sliced the eggplants too finely or used too much passata (tomato puree). But the flavour was fantastic! And the texture - silky and smooth. Such comfort food. I can't wait to make it again.



I took a photo of the sauce I made, before laying it with the sliced eggplant and parmesan cheese. And I meant to photograph the end result, too, but it smelt so good coming out of the oven, and it was so yummy, that I only remembered in time to photograph the end result - just as I was cleaning my bowl.

I used a Stephanie Alexander recipe, which is ok. But for next time I'll use this one from taste.com.au.




Every Friday dinner is 'children's choice' at our place. Tonight I'm making nachos at the request of my eldest daughter. I think it's made her happy all day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin